Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 18 September 2017

Coronation Street fan of the week - Robin from Cannock

It's time to meet another Coronation Street fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here! 




Who are you and where are you from?
Robin from Cannock

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I have been watching it for the last 17 years.  My earliest Coronation Street memory was the fight between Gail Platt and Eileen Grimshaw over Todd being gay, but having promised to marry Sarah Platt.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
My favourite current Corrie character is Scary Mary/Mad Mary because she won’t take no for an answer where Norris is concerned and this makes for many comic moments between both of them.

My favourite character of all time was Candice (Nikki Sanderson) as I had a secret crush on her, when I was in Primary School and even sent her a handmade card for Valentine’s Day!

My favourite baddie was Richard Hillman because he played the part so well, that I had nightmares about him.


What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
My favourite storyline to date was, although it was a very short storyline, Jack’s illness, because of his memories and emotions culminating in Vera’s return to take him to Corrie Heaven. 

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
I was first inspired to find out more about what goes on behind the scenes in TV and film when I began to watch programmes such as Coronation Street Confidential and other film making documentaries. This led me to undertake a media course at Stafford college.  I follow the plots, stories lines and the lives of the characters in the fictional town of Weatherfield.. I buy every magazine that features Coronation Street; I also buy the DVD Specials e.g. Romanian Holiday. I never miss an episode and enjoy building up my collection of Corrie merchandise e.g The Newton and Ridley slippers. I have tried all the Corrie pies - my favourite is chicken and leek, I have also tried the Newton and Ridley beer at an event in Manchester.

I have met some of the cast at various events e.g. Becky ( Katherine Kelly) opened PoundLand in my home town - she signed my Corrie calendar which she had not seen before!.

I think I am most like Graeme Proctor the butcher’s assistant (Look a bit like him too) I have a quirky sense of humour, am far more intelligent than I first appear and care a lot about those close to me.

In 2017 I had a VIP Tour of The Coronation Street Set and Studio's with Mikey North who plays the part of Garry Windass. 

I work as a Sales Assistant at a charity for disabled children. 

Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here! 


Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 






Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!