Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 14 August 2015

Bring Val Pollard to Coronation Street

I'm a big fan of actress Charlie Hardwick and have long harboured the hope that she might one day turn up in Coronation Street.  I've seen her acting on stage and she's a belter. However, she's been working hard at rival soap Emmerdale for the past 11 years as Val Pollard so I knew there was no chance she'd make the leap from the Dales to the Cobbles while she was under contract to another show.

But... this week in Emmerdale, Val Pollard was killed off when a helicopter crashed into the village hall.  It's a sad time for Val Pollard fans in Emmerdale, of course.  But it means Charlie Hardwick is free for other roles - please Corrie, sign her up!

Charlie tells TV Times this week that she left Emmerdale partly due to the long commute to and from her Newcastle home.  This means that a Manchester job might not be that tempting to her, but I can hope, can't I?

Charlie says she plans to enjoy living at home and will be starring in panto at Newcastle Theatre Royal this Christmas, playing The Fairy Godmother in Dick Whittington.

After that?  I'd love for nothing more than to see one of the UK's best actresses turn up in my favourite soap. She's a dead ringer for Rita's Geordie cousin.

Download our free App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook | Visit Corrie.net


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Corrie need any encouragement to bring people from Emmerdale over. I'd put a tenner on her being in Weatherfield before Easter.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have a totally unknown face who's never had a break. I get tired of seeing the same people on the soap merry-go-round. You're right that she is a good actress but someone different please.

Stevie said...

I love this actress, and her Emmerdale character. I second your request to drag her over t'Pennines...

maggie muggins said...

I like her too, but being an Emmerdale watcher, I'd have a hard time being convinced she was anyone but Val.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!