Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 24 July 2011

Corrie's Kate Ford camps it up as dominatrix

This absolutely wonderful picture is in today's Mirror magazine to accompany an interview with Kate Ford, who plays Coronation Street's Tracy Barlow.  There's more pics at the website and you must have a look, they're camptastic.

But behind the fun pics, Kate gives a searingly honest interview and reveals that she doesn't actually like being an actress that much. She says: ‘I don’t know if I should say this in an interview but acting doesn’t really suit me. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I’m not confident, I’m not a showy person. I don’t like all the attention. I thought it would suit me, but it doesn’t. I just think you have to be very confident. I mean, all the extra things that people do, like presenting awards and singing at charity events, I can’t do it. I can’t even go on live TV and do interviews any more because it just fills me with horror, I shake. I’m really lucky to have the job, but it doesn’t suit my nervous disposition that well. I love being on Corrie, and I’m very proud to be a part of it, don’t get me wrong, and I love being able to do days like this. I love all the things it’s brought me, but it’s not without its downside, the pressure and stuff like that.’ 

The full interview is well worth a read and it's here.

4 comments:

Tvor said...

Well... it makes a change from Helen Flanagan or Kym Marsh's bits all over the papers! Actually Kate looks stunning. I've never been a fan of her acting and i don't even "love to hate" Tracy which i might do if the acting style had been different but i always figured Kate herself was a genuinely nice person.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking last night when watching a recent Corrie that was recorded on my DVD that, it is much better with Kate Ford in it at times, sometimes I find her a little boring, but that is the same with some of the other cast. I do hope that she stays in it much longer, and Yes I agree with the above post that it does make a change from seeing Helen Flanagan, as I wouldn't say that she's that good for posing. If she can have a go at posing, then I think its time for some blokes to do it too such as Norris, Roy, Dev, or even Harold.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's a dominatrix outfit so much as a take on Cruella DeVille from the old Disney film 101 Dalmations.

Anonymous said...

Got to agree with you Tvor.. Kate Ford seems like a lovely person..but I've never rated her acting, and just *hate* Tracy, rather than "love to hate her"..

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!