Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 7 February 2011

Take the money and run, Fiz

When I was young and just out of school, I got a full time job. I was still living at home, so I was expected to pay "room and board". Whether that money went towards helping pay the bills or whether my parents saved it for a fund to pay for weddings for my sister and I was no matter, it was part of the privilege of living home.

I know Fiz doesn't want to put a financial burden on Chesney like that which was probably put on her while living with Cilla and her schemes, but I still think she should be allowing Chesney to help contribute to the household expenses. He's working full time on a stall and by all accounts, making decent money. He *should* be contributing and he knows it. He's trying to show responsibility and Fiz is closing the door on that. She's got enough to worry about, wouldn't his contributions take a bit of worry off her mind? Then she might not be as tempted to accept Joy Fishwick's money.  Get a grip, lass!

State of the Street blog here, Canadian "Bluenose" Corrie blog here.

5 comments:

Dilly Daydream said...

Totally agree with you Tvor, I was a bit bemused by her refusing to take his money. In my world, once a child starts earning, they should start contributing, it breaks them in for when they get a place of their own.

abbyk said...

Here, here! He should have been paying rent as soon as he left school. He's old enough to have a business and have his girlfriend stay over, he's old enough to pay rent. Fiz has to stop thinking of him as a 10 year old.

Frosty the Snowman said...

I thought you meant take Colin Fishwick's money and run! Of course she should be letting Chesney pay his way and I cannot understand why she has committed fraud and taken Joy Fishwick;s money, she is not aware that Colin is dead so how does she know he wont suddenly reappear to claim his inheritance? What happened to our feisty Fiz, she is a whining, annoying doormat.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't Fiz be receiving state maternity pay anyway??? (yes, I know these aren't real people, but the characters' lives could have a little footing in the real world) Fiz should just be thankful she's not living in the US and having to deal with the mounting medical bills that a preemie baby would rack up. (I'm an American living in the UK, btw)

Sea Penguin said...

I agree, this doesn't make sense. It's only fair that Chesney contributes. Especially when she's so strapped.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!