Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 23 November 2010

The mystery of Liz McDonald's black necklace

Now then, if I had a penny for every time I've been emailed and asked where Liz McDonald got her black necklace from, well, I'd have a lot of pennies.  A load of pennies. I'd be a penny millionaire.  Indulge me while I waffle because I'm going somewhere with this.  Oh yes, I really am.

What I'm wondering is now that Liz McDonald is leaving Coronation Street, what'll happen to the Street's most coveted icon that is Liz's black spiky necklace?  Will Liz wear it to waltz out of Weatherfield only for the jewellry to languish in a dusty props box at the back of a cupboard alongside Barney the stuffed rabbit.

So what I'm thinking is, wouldn't it be a great idea for Corrie to auction it off for charity?  Knowing the interest that the necklace inspires in Liz's legions of fans, it could raise a pretty penny.  A load of pennies, even.

And if you want to know where the necklace did come from, we have the answer here, direct from a man who knows, at ITV.

3 comments:

Cathy Walsh said...

I always thought she was wearing the simmer star from a stove burner.

Anonymous said...

We call it her "Jack 'O Lantern" necklace at our house!

Anonymous said...

I love the silver necklace being worn by Leanne at the moment does anyone know where I could buy one.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!