Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 28 October 2010

Watch Video: Coronation Street The Album

In celebration of Coronation Street's 50th anniversary, cast members past and present have come together to record the album Coronation Street: Rogues, Angels, Heroes & Fools. It's out later this month and exclusive to Tesco. Find out more at http://www.coronationstreetthealbum.com/
The song list is as follows:
1) Opening Episode (Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner, Young Ken Barlow, Annie Walker)
2) He's My Man - (Bet Lynch & Elsie Tanner)
3) Woman Stanley Woman (Hilda & Stan Ogden)
4) Cunning Clever Crafty  (Jack & Vera Duckworth)
5) I Know How It Feels (Elsie Tanner)
6) Eh Chuck (Original cast)
7) If It's Too Late (Becky McDonald)
8) Norman Bates with a Briefcase (Richard Hillman/Gail Platt)
9) Sweet Butterfly (Sean Tully)
10) Curly's Song - Your Star Shines So Bright (Curly Watts)
Pre-order now at http://www.tescoentertainment.com/

8 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry... I have to say this... but....

THIS LOOKS AND SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

Scott Willison said...

Oh my. I think I'd rather pour molten tarmac in my eardrums.

Faith from Whitby, Ontario said...

... snap, Annie ... my sentiments exactly, petal.

maggie muggins said...

lol, song #8 is "Norman Bates with a Briefcase" (Richard Hillman/Gail Platt).

John McE said...

Am I alone in thinking ITV have thrown all quality considerations out the window and have licensed every last bit of tat they can think of, in the hope of taking advantage of fan's loyalty to the show, in it's 50th anniversary year?

Personally I won't be buying any of it, and am quite sure that Network would have produced a far, far better tribute to the show that the ITV rip-off DVD set.

I predict most of the products will be available at bargain bin prices come January.

Anonymous said...

It won't be on my Christmas list, but I think Kym Marsh should concentrate on the singing - what a great voice!

Doodvid said...

Dreadful!

Did they not learn from the awful 1995 album featuring Mike & Alma's 'Something Stupid', Michael Ball, Percy Sugden etc?!

Although I did buy it purely because I was a Deuce fan (even if it was a collaboration with Sherrie Hewson)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEtravvp6zY

gadgee said...

I've listened to these: http://www.coronationstreetthealbum.com/samples It sounds great to me.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!