Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 30 August 2010

The Violet Carson rose


I was having a look for information about the late Violet Carson (Coronation Street's Ena Sharples) and I see that there is a rose named after her.
Does anyone remember when this happened? I'm thinking it must have been the 1960s or 70s.
Whenever it was, it's a lovely rose and a lovely way to remember someone.
If anyone's interested in rosa "Violet Carson", I found information here, here and here.

1 comment:

Glenda Young said...

There's also a Thelma Barlow and a Betty Driver rose too. I wonder if they'll name one after Corrie's 50th?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!