Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 22 February 2009

William Roache commits his future to Corrie

Following the death of his wife Sara recently, William Roache has said that although the thought of leaving Coronation Street as Ken Barlow passed through his mind, he says that he'll never leave the show he loves. If you'd like to, you can read the full interview with William Roache in the Sunday People.

He said: "I'll never quit the show I love. Sara would have wanted me to carry on. Apart from my family Coronation Street has been my life. At my lowest ebb it crossed my mind but I knew I could never walk away."

See also: William Roache's emotional farewell

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do feel the need to point out that the source of this story is Bruce Jones (ex-Les Battersby).

He related a private conversation he had with Bill Roache to the People newspaper.

I don't know if he got paid for that or not, but I think Bruce needs to re-assess the meaning of privacy. One would have thought he'd have learned that.

Glenda Young said...

Oh dear... thanks for the inside info, Annie.

Tvor said...

I was going to say the same thing. The interview was with Bruce Jones who'd sell his soul to the media these days.

Glenda Young said...

You'd think he'd move on, wouldn't you after all the fuss he'd caused when he left.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!