Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 17 January 2009

Liz Dawn says leaving Corrie saved her life

Liz Dawn, who played the mighty Vera Duckworth, reveals that leaving Coronation Street last year saved her life. Liz was very poorly with the chronic lung disease emphysema and left Corrie in 2008 when Vera Duckworth was killed off.

In her interview with The Sun, Liz says that she now hopes to do charity work for the British Lung Foundation — adding to her previous success setting up the Liz Dawn Breast Cancer Appeal.

Remind yourself of how Vera Duckworth departed the cobbles in the Coronation Street Weekly Update from January 2008.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After having vera (liz dawn ) in my home for many many years via the TV , and I myself having had lung problems, ie lung cancer , my friend and I was really pleased to see her and Angela on a nice cruise ,
but was very disappointed, when I asked if they were enjoying the cruise and liz did not even answer me ,
by the way as i am called vera and some old ladies
thought i was vera duckworth haha, I soon put them right on that one ,lol Anyway give my regards to Angela & liz xxx

vera berry smith wright . said...

hi its me again was just watching " 50 years 50 moments" I was just 16 when I watched
the first one and I remember it so well ,
all these years of corrie - who,d a thought it ,
by the way I grew up on regent road salford,
it was very much like corrie lol, - Vera xxx

Anonymous said...

hi, i,m back again , --->me, vera ) my best fried Alfreda has just had the top lobe of her right lung out , well 3 months ago , she also has COPD ,but we are hoping to have a cruise soon , maybe we will see Liz and Angela on board again , xxx bye for now, " the real Vera "

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!