Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 10 January 2015

Julie Hesmondhalgh back on TV

Julie Hesmondhalgh, who left Coronation Street over a year ago after playing Hayley Cropper, will be reappearing on TV soon.

Julie will be starring as Cleo, bossy, zany sister of gay man, Henry, a lead character in Cucumber, part of a trilogy of programmes. She also appears in Banana on E4, focusing on standalone stories predominantly about the lives of the younger generation in the drama, as well as in related online documentary series about sex and sexuality, Tofu. All have been written by Russell  T Davies.

You can watch the trailer, below:



"Cleo's a gift of a part and I was thrilled and honoured to get it," Julie says as she discusses the show written by Russell T Davies, creator of the first drama about gay men in the UK, the 1999 cult series Queer As Folk.

"I think it will stir up controversy, but it's absolutely brilliant," she says, describing her character as "multifaceted. I'm the voice of reason for Henry, chaotic and a mum of three."

Julie tells The Belly Telly:  "It was a loss leaving Corrie, life-changing in fact and I don't think I've properly processed it yet. It was so busy leading up to my leaving and I was completely immersed in the beautiful, moving storyline they gave me as my finale.

"Letting go of Hayley, was so hard. I cried when I filmed the last scenes and I still love her. I watch Corrie whenever I can, and feel a warm glow if she's ever mentioned."

If you would like to re-live the story of Roy and Hayley on Coronation Street, a lovely little book is available, called The Perfect Duet.

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook



Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!