If you remember, last year I had a series of posts looking at the top 12 faces of each Corrie decade - the 1960s, the 1970s, the 1980s, the 1990s and the 2000s. For the next few weeks or so, I’ll be looking at the top 12 faces of each year between 1960 and 2013.
With thanks to Corriepedia for the information.
In 1974, 103 episodes were broadcast.
1. Betty Turpin (87 episodes)
2. Len Fairclough (81 episodes)
3. Bet Lynch (79 episodes)
4. Rita Littlewood (73 episodes)
5. Ray Langton (71 episodes)
6. Annie Walker (71 episodes)
7. Jerry Booth (69 episodes)
8. Ken Barlow (68 episodes)
9. Billy Walker (68 episodes)
10. Deirdre Hunt (67 episodes)
11. Emily Bishop (65 episodes)
12. Stan Ogden (61 episodes)
Due to lack of space, Alf Roberts fails to make the top 12, but he also appeared in 61 episodes
Average age: 41
Note: This is the last time Jerry appears in the top 12
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License