Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Rachel in That London

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Click here to find out more
.

Who are you and where are you from?
I am Rachel Stevenson, originally of Doncaster, South Yorkshire and now a resident of That London.

How long have you been watching Corrie?

I'm ashamed to say, only since 2001. When younger, I was a fan of The Other Soap and only used to watch Corrie when my grandma came 'round. I thought she liked it because there were a lot of old people (Phyllis, Maud etc). It was only when I moved to London that I started to appreciate the Northern gentle humour, the less attention grabbing storylines and the subtle characters.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?

This is hard to answer. Blanche was my all time favourite, the actress could really deliver a line and the writers certainly wrote them for her. I love the gobby female characters: Becky, Beth, Karen and Carla. As for males, I prefer the older cast members such as Roy and Norris and I very much miss Fred. In terms of fanciability, though, it has to be a rough diamond - Peter or Karl.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?

The Stapewick saga and the Richard Hillman chronicles - I like an inept criminal. Tracy's pregnancy/Steve and Karen's wedding. Candice deciding to become a WAG wasn't really a storyline, but it was hilarious, especially when she hairsprayed her face to keep her make-up in place.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?

I would like to see Amy becoming a child footballer, it would be good to have a prospective female sports-star. Margi Clarke returning to the fold would be excellent.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?

I have never met any of the cast, although my boyfriend did once see Helen Worth/Gail shopping on Kensington High Street; he said she was tiny. I have met one of the ex-writers, Pamela Woods, who created Tyrone. She said that originally he was going to be a boxer and she named him to sound a bit like Tyson.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!