Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Kathryn in New Zealand

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.  

Who are you and where are you from?
My name's Kathryn and I'm from Manchester, but currently living in Queenstown New Zealand

How long have you been watching Corrie?
All my life! You can't grow up in Manchester without it, endless rain swept slate, flat grey skies, bricks, dark evenings, folk in big coats with collars turned up against the wind... oh it's just home! I've always loved it but it's only since I've moved to the beautiful mountains I realise how much it's part of my soul :)

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Of all time, (since I can remember) the women who've lit up the screen for me have to be Bet Lynch and Karen McDonald, role models really! For the men I've always loved Jack Duckworth and really sobbed when he died, he reminded me of my grandad. Of those who are in the show now, I have always really loved to watch Leanne Battersby, Carla Connor and Peter Barlow seperately and together, they are all Corrie icons in the making I am sure of it (if they don't overkill them- they're in every episode at the minute!)

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
I remember being just gripped with the whole Karen and Steve relationship, and the denouement at Amy's christening was fab! Rita vs Alan vs A Blackpool Tram is also an early memory, and I can remember being really worried about Rita, being a small child I got so upset when she did! Battersby family arrival and Norris one-liners too.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
I would LOVE it if Karen MacDonald came back, even just for a short time (preferably with a child!) Same for Natasha, actually. If there could be a clear out, perhaps a localised Swine Flu pandemic on the street to get rid of the boring (Alahans), the annoying (Tracy) and the downright confusing (Stella and her magical jumping accent) I would be quite happy!

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
Oh, loads! I've been to the set, when I was a kid on a school trip to Granada Studios when you could still get in it. We met Vera and I bought some Coronation Street rubbers (English for pencil erasers non-English fans!) .... I went to school with the woman who plays Fiz ......  You see cast members all the time in Manchester wandering about and in pubs.  The best anecdote by far, however, is that my Grandad sold his caravanette more than 10 years ago and a few weeks later it turned up on Corrie as Les Battersby's ! Couldn't believe it !
 
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!