Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Hannah from Dorset

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. If you would like to be our Corrie fan of the week, have a look here.

Who are you and where are you from? 
I'm Hannah from Dorset.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
My mum and dad would always watch Corrie in the evening and I would occasionally watch it but was too young to take it in.. I’m now 15 and have been watching for at least 5 years, not missing an episode! I love the programme and have it set to record the episode so I can watch it over and over again! It will never get boring. If I’m out I make sure it’s the first thing I do once I’m in. I love reading and watching spoilers to find out what’s happening before the programme is actually shown. My family say I don’t really need to watch it because of all the spoilers I see.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
I could pick the whole cast but my favourite female would defiantly be Carla Connor (Alison King). I’m a huge fan of Ali herself and have watched most of her previous programmes she appeared in. If you ask anyone I’m sure they’ll agree that I love Ali and Carla. I have everything to do with her. I’ve also met her 3 times which was the best day of my life. I’m also a huge fan of the whole Connor family.. Michelle and Maria. My favourite male character would be Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne). Again I’m a huge fan of him. I particularly enjoyed watching his scenes with Blanche, especially the AA meeting, couldn’t stop laughing. Recently Carla and Peter finally got together so I was really pleased to see that my two favourite characters together.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
I’ve enjoyed all the storylines over the past years, could list them all, but some of my favourites were when Tony held Carla and Hayley hostage in Underworld, The whole Carla and Peter affair and rape and death of Frank, Gail in Court for wrongly going to prison, the tram crash celebrating a wonderful 50 years, Liam with Maria, nd also Becky and Steve paying for Max.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
I would love to see Carla and Peter eventually marry and settle down and one day have children. Also would be nice to see Carla’s family.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
I visited Manchester earlier this year with my dad in February and waited outside the gates for 2 days. I travelled for about 5/6 hours and booked into a hotel to allow me to meet more of the cast. When we arrived we were driving around for a while – we couldn’t find the studios but we finally came across it. We parked in a nearby car park and walked to the gates, looking out for any of the cast walking around on our way, and we saw John Michie (Karl) walk past a few roads away from us. We arrived outside the gates and were greeted by many other fans waiting. A few minutes after arriving Michelle Collins (Stella) drove out and I got a chance to meet her. I just put the camera away and out drove Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald). I had photos with all the cast I met and even got some autographs from them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my ignorant, where is Dorset?

Anonymous said...

Dorset is a county in the south of England. Ms Google is our friend love.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!