Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 13 June 2011

New to the Blog

Hello Corrie fans! I’m David, one of the recent additions to the blog’s writing team and although I have already posted, I have been meaning to sit down and write a proper introduction once I had a spare moment or two.
Obviously I’m a big Corrie nut (why else would I be here!) but I also love writing so having the opportunity to write about a show which I have so much love for just makes it all the more enjoyable.
Growing up Corrie was always a constant part of my childhood, however when I became a teenager, for about three years or so when I didn’t consider it “cool” to watch Corrie (or any other soaps for that matter) I tuned out. It wasn’t until I was in Post-16 doing my A-Levels and my form friends were always talking about EastEnders that I decided to give EE a go which lead me to watching (the far superior) Coronation Street once again.
Although being a Corrie fan isn’t always easy, (with terrible storylines such as the seemingly never ending Molly and Kevin affair, the dreadful Joe McIntyre storyline and the recent Graeme/Tina/Xin love triangle ‘saga’) it can be one of the most rewarding television shows to be viewer of thanks to its colourful array of characters both young and old and its unique way of mixing humour and drama often at the same time and sometimes it’s just so daft you can’t help but smile (Mary kidnapping Norris anyone?).
Currently I’m a huge fan of Steve, Mary, Rita, Norris, Audrey, David, Sally and the entire Barlow clan (minus Tracey most of the time), I thought the end of the Stape Saga was a bit of a letdown, I don’t think we see enough of Dr. Carter (I loved the almost Shakespearean way in which he told Gail she knew first aid during Tram Crash week!) and I’m actually a big fan of Phil Collinson’s work so far (minus the Xin storyline and a couple of the unnecessary stunts *cough*Jim’s bank robbery*cough*). Oh, and the more of Carla we see the better.
So thanks for letting me join the blog, hopefully we’ll be treated to a great summer of Corrie so there’s lots to talk about.

5 comments:

Steve said...

welcome and good comments

What annoys me is the missing characters. How many episodes were we in the Kebab shop and now we don't know who runs it at all for Dev? Medical Centre - who took over a receptionist from Gail and how many are there working there? Fish and chip shop - ditto. Even the Rover's - Tracy was sacked - too many workers yet there is only Steve, Becky and Betty - all very occasionally, Sean when he isn't at the factory and poor Tina who seems to be the only full time employee - 12 hours a day.

Pickledjo said...

Norris seems to have forgiven Mary for the Miseryesque kidnap! :)

Welcome! :)

Tvor said...

Welcome David!

ChiaGwen said...

Looking forward to more of your blogs. I actually think we see TOO much of Dr. Bland - what has he had....maybe four appearances so far? He doesn't really fit into the street at all.

Anonymous said...

WHY IS KIRSTY SOAMES GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER SHE NEEDS TO STOP IT NOW BECAUSE IF FIZ DIES KIRSTY WILL BE GOING DOWN TO PRISON IF SHE WATCH OUT TYRONE WILL ALSO BE GOING DOWN TO PRISON WITH KIRSTY TYRONE IS ONLY DOING WHAT KIRSTY ORDERS I HOPE FIZ DONT DIE BECAUSE I LIKE HER FIZ IS A GOOD PERSON KIRSTY IS A BLACK MAILER

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!