Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 14 November 2010

New boy blogging . . .

Well, hardly a boy anymore but I'm certainly new to the cobbles of this particular blog and indeed, blogging in general. Please bear with me! I've been interested in all things Corrie since the mid 1970s and so remember the halcyon days of Ena, Elsie and co. I've started a blog of my own (or a rant, depending on my mood) but won't be posting any spoilers or anything which mentions future events. I'll probably moan on about the characters who bug me (step forward Dev and Tracy!) and wax lyrical about people like Connie Rathbone.

I grew up in the market town of Chesterfield but for several years lived on a street that was more than a little similar to Corrie - pub on the corner, shop-cum-post office, nosy old women and, oddly enough, a garage run by a man who used to date Tracy Shaw (Maxine Peacock)!

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, if not months, in Weatherfield. The trailers shown on ITV1 last night were but a taster of the emotional rollercoaster that is about to, literally, hit the Street. Here we go!

http://clinkerstoriddle.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

craig247 said...

A warm welcome to the blog Ben Karlow. Hope you enjoy it here with us, discussing all things Corrie!

Sea Penguin said...

hiya Ben! enjoy yourself!

Tvor said...

Welcome to the blog!

Anonymous said...

Welcome new boy! ;-)

- Yoork

Anonymous said...

love the swirly steeple - I believe it's one of a kind, am I right?

Anonymous said...

I live in chesterfield <3

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!