Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 27 November 2010

Ex-Assistant producer, Gavin Blyth passes away

1969-2010

Ex-Assistant producer (also story associate and producer of the 'Out of Africa' DVD special) Gavin Blyth passed away after a short illness, Gavin left Coronation Street in 2008 to take the helm of the Yorkshire based soap 'Emmerdale'. Gavin was behind storylines such as the introduction of the Connor family, David Platt's reign of terror and the Tracy Barlow murder plotline. He will be sadly missed by fans of both soaps.

4 comments:

Shen said...

My condolences and thoughts go out to your friends and family. You were far too young.

Jamie Jones said...

I knew Gavin personally. He gave me a job in the last recession. For that I will always be thankful. At a later stage I also became a partner in a business with him. All I can say is what a thoroughly decent, straight, dedicated hard working person he was.

RIP Good Friend you will be missed by the people who really did know you.

Jamie

Chewy said...

He always seemed very passionate about his work on both soaps, we have lost a true genius, my thoughts are with his wife and children :(

Anonymous said...

A man behind some great storylines and my prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP Gavin.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!