Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 27 July 2010

What's happened to Prima Doner?

I'm disappointed we no longer see anything to do with the Prima Doner kebab shop on Coronation Street. Now Darryl and Teresa Morton have moved onto pastures new, and Minnie has disappeared from Weatherfield never to be seen again, we no longer see anything to do with the takeaway.

As far as I'm aware Dev still owns it, doesn't he? Couldn't they return to using this set again; perhaps give Kirk a job in there so he actually has something to do, and isn't just looking out of place in the background at Underworld!

10 comments:

Chewy said...

I just read the spoilers for next week - Apparently Cheryl gets a job there :p so hopefully that means it will be used again!

David Smith said...

It's not as underused as the (extremely tiny) chippy - originally Wong's, as in Cilla and Yana's unseen boss, but more recently, as I recall, the groansome For Your Fries Only...

Corrie does do some terrific business names - Streetcars, Roy's Rolls, the aforementioned Prima Doner - but that ain't one of them!

Sea Penguin said...

Cheryl? oh, I'm not enthusing. I really miss Darryl. Bring him back!! and Teresa! I liked the chippie scenes as well - did Cilla not deepfry her turkey or something one year?

Anonymous said...

I believe she did deep fry her Turkey!

I miss Daryl too, and Theresa. Somehow, the Cheryl storyline is just not doing it for me, totally unremarkable and ho-hum....

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about Prima Doner the other day. and what actually happened to Minnie?

Did she actually leave the show? I don't remember hearing anything about that.

John M said...

As far as I can recall Mini driving Minnie just disappeared, without any explanation either. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I was asking the same thing a while back! I might be in the minority but the kebab shop scenes always made me hungry! lol

Yoork (from work - can't sign in!)

David Smith said...

Didn't Ryan tell Sian he was going to get her a kebab the other week after their less-than-successful soup, chilled water and sliced white bread luncheon?

David Smith said...

Didn't Ryan tell Sian he was going to get her a kebab the other week after their less-than-successful soup, chilled water and sliced white bread luncheon?

David Smith said...

Oops - he said it twice, evidently... :-\

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!