Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 24 July 2010

The truth about Maria and Corrie's nasty Nick

Last night on Coronation Street we saw the reunion of Maria and Nick. I needed a quick reminder of what went on between these two so I thought I'd dig out the Corrie reference books and take a peek in the past.

After Nick's marriage to Leanne Battersby broke down, he moved to Canada and returned for Gail's wedding to Richard Hillman in 2002. And that's when he became involved with Maria Sutherland.

Maria went with him to Canada but came back shortly after. Nick returned a couple of years later and after a brief fling with Candice Stowe, took up with Maria again. The got engaged and were going to get married but fell out when he decided to take a job in Nottingham and he left Weatherfield alone.

See also:
The truth about Leanne and Corrie's nasty Nick

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I had forgot about Maria and Nick getting it on. Thanks for your research.

May be there is still hope for me too. Although I kind of miss Raquel

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....funny, I forgot about those two being an item ( twice!) as well, perhaps I tuned out as I never liked either Maria or 'old' Nick's acting.

Anonymous said...

Maria did well to recognise Nick considering his head transplant :)

It was nice to have a little scene with them though, thanks for reminding us of their history.

gadgee said...

Thanks for that. I'd forgotten about them being an item too.

Rebecca said...

I'm MAD that M'reeuh's back!

world cup willie said...

I too had forgotton about Nick and Maria although the actor playing him now looks like he would have been far too old to be her boyfriend. Loved David's comment to limpet Natasha that he wondered what her successor would be like LOL!

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

Can't be many men left on the Street that Maria hasn't got her claws into one way or another. In the words of old Mother Boswell; "She is a taaaaaaart!"

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!