Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 29 May 2009

Helen Flanagan's nine years on Corrie

Helen Flanagan has played Corrie's Rosie Webster for over nine years. She's recently quoted as saying this about her role: "I feel extremely lucky - I don't think I actually appreciated how lucky I was, because I've just grown up with it, so I'd taken it for granted really. Coronation Street is such an amazing institution to be involved in and I've just kind of had it on a plate since I've been younger really, so I do think I'm very, very lucky to have had that opportunity."

Helen first appeard on screen as Rosie on Sunday 23 January, 2000. This was the episode when Kevin married Alison and Sophie and Rosie were bridesmaids. Helen took over the role as Rosie Webster from Emma Collinge who had played Rosie since she was 10 days old. It says here that Emma left Corrie to devote more time to gymnastics.

Spoiler alert! Find out what lies in store for Rosie Webster here and here.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!