Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 18 January 2009

Lucy-Jo Hudson: "I couldn't cope with Corrie"

Alan Halsall (Tyrone Dobbs) is marrying his long term girlfriend Lucy-Jo Hudson (Katy Harris) later this year. And in an emotional interview with The People, Lucy-Jo talks about being mugged while filming Wild at Heart in Africa. And she also reveals that she struggled with the role of killer Katy Harris on Coronation Street.

"I was 18 when I got the Katy part," she said. "Because I was so young I couldn't cope with it at all. Your life turns upside down because you can't go anywhere without people pointing at you and putting a camera in your face to take a picture because you're public property. I became a recluse and hibernated. It was a relief to leave."

However, happier times are ahead as she and Alan plan their big day. She said: "I haven't even got a date. I just haven't had time but I hope it is this year. I'd love an intimate wedding but I am sure he wants a big do because he wants a big p***-up."

Read more on the character of Tyrone Dobbs and see how he's changed over the years.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!