Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 26 April 2008

Will you miss the Mortons?

The entire Morton clan have been given their marching orders from Coronation Street, screams today's Sun newspaper. Ian Wylie's blog at the MEN confirms the news too.

It's no surprise as the Mortons have never gone down well with the viewers and as a huge Brookside fan, I'm afraid Jerry Morton will always be Sinbad to me. However, I'll miss Darryl as I thought he was brilliant with bags of potential as a character.

I'm also sad to read that feckless Vernon has been given the chop and that the dad and lad bookies have been booted out too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow seriously? That's a shock. I won't miss Vernon, as I never liked his character, but I have to admit he was starting to grow on me.
Mortons:
I will miss Jerry a bit, he seemed like a laugh
I will miss Daryl, there was a lot of potential there
I will miss Mel most of all as I think she had the most potential out of all of them
I will not miss Kayleigh, as she simply can't act
Are Wilfred and Finlay even in it any more? What was the point in them?
I don't think the bookies have been given a proper chance actually.

Glenda Young said...

I'm surprised the bookies are going, very much.

Tvor said...

I'm surprised the bookies are going and who knows? it might not be true but if the Liz and Harry affair kicks off, i can see why Vernon would leave. It would be the last straw for him. If the Leanne and Dan thing kicks off, then i can see Dan going away and possibly Harry as well after his Liz fling. Shame though. I like the actor that plays Harry. I won't miss the Mortons at all.

Glenda Young said...

Poor Liz. No Vernon, no Harry - I wonder if they'll bring Jim back full-time?

Glenda Young said...

Poor Liz. No Vernon, no Harry - I wonder if they'll bring Jim back full-time?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!