Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 21 February 2008

Corrie's Yankee hanky-panky

While the new bookies settle into Rosamund Street, someone should tell them a thing or two about running a betting shop.

Now, I don't know anything about gambling, but I know someone who does and they tell me that the bookies have got it wrong - not once - but twice this week.

First off, they paid Jack out on a Yankee. This is a bet on four horses and Jack only named three.

And secondly, Blanche asked to put a 75p bet each way on a horse and handed over 75p. For a bet each way, she should be paying £1.50, and possibly plus tax too. Ok, I'll take me anorak off now, but think on.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!